Friday, September 17, 2010

¡Internet!

Good news! I have finally been connected to the internet permanently! Movistar finally showed up today and installed our router, so I can post as much as I want from now on :) Also, a mini-story from this past Tuesday that is classic Spain:

So it's Tuesday early afternoon and I'm riding the bus across town from the university to the Oficina de Extranjeros to see if I can pick up my new, official "I'm a foreigner" card. The bus is taking the long way around the city, making its normal stops, but I'm just enjoying the ride, listening to my iPod. Eventually, it's just me and two older women on the bus. We're driving through a quiet part of town on the edge of the city when the bus stops at a normal stop. But it doesn't just stop. The driver kills the engine, gets up, gets off the bus, leaves the door open, and walks into a café across the street. I watch him sit down at the bar, where he stays for fifteen minutes while he enjoys a coffee. And then he gets back on, and we continue. And from what I could tell, the other two women thought nothing of it. After all, everyone needs a mini-siesta every now and then. And hey, he even left the radio on for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment